Dellas Family History
The Dellas family has been serving the residents and visitors of Cape May since 1912 when Pete and Elizabeth Dellas operated their furniture store underneath their residence on Jackson Street.
In 1947, their son Norman purchased Faulkner’s 5 & 10 and renamed it Dellas Inc.
Norman and his wife Margie loved their community and wanted to provide residents a place to shop for everyday needs without ever having to leave Cape May.
Margie D’s Soda Fountain, located in the rear of the store, is reminiscent of years gone by where people would gather with friends, share milkshakes, drink root beer floats, eat sandwiches for lunch and enjoy fresh coffee all day long.
Today, locals and visitors alike shop at Dellas for their everyday needs while reliving the vintage years of the 50’s and the 60’s.